Anyone up for watching a hospital drama with some deep character development and intriging story arcs? Well then you should probably stay away from this hospital satire whose sex and fart jokes will make you wish that is was your eyes were thrown across the room by the hospital receptionist (yes that was in the movie).
Streaming on: Hulu+
Directed by: Stephen Maddocks
Cast: Alan Thicke, Michael Winslow, David Faustino, One of those damn Deluise brothers
Tagline: Accepting New Patients
In a the world of high cost health care, greedy lawyers are at the ready to jump on any malpractice suit. With his group of informants inside the hospital, attorney Jake Gorman makes a killing on cases of malpractice. In an effort to cut down on the number of malpractice lawsuits from it’s doctors, a hospital puts their money into the perfect doctor, a robotic model, MD-63, or Robodoc. Much to the chagrin of Gorman, Robodoc doesn’t make a mistake and has an updated knowledge database of everything in the world.
What you would be missing:
- A chance to name all the 80’s sitcoms this entire cast starred in.
- Ahh…the old baby pissing in the face gag
- Mime with a sore throat…nice one.
- Chinese, Japanese, Dirty Knees…Look at these! When was the last time I heard that… in 4th grade?
- Someone got their inspiration from Data on Star Trek.
- Definitely more balls hit here than the Kansas City Royals did since the All-Star break.
- Fonda Johnsons? More plays on words please.
- If I have to see that Deluise guy make one more of those stupid faces, I think I’m going to throw my remote.
- Every hospital has a Cross-Eyed Children’s Clinic right?
- Radioactive pregnancy results, that can’t be good.
- While a nurse changes into her evening gown in the morgue, the corpses definitely bring new meaning to the word stiffs.
- Apparently Norton Anti-virus doesn’t work on robots either.
- Parker Lewis CAN lose and this script proves it.
- Every hospital has a Blind Children’s Clinic right?
- Way to end with a politician joke.
Award Winning Dialogue:
“This woman has acute appendicitis”. “Actually, I’ve seen her naked and she doesn’t look cute in anything.”
“We had to put her on a breastperator.”
“I may be a RAT, but you are a RAT BASTARD!”
“Save his NUTS, and bolts.”
Thank the lord I’m not in middle school anymore otherwise I would have found this movie just hilarious giving my buddies and I something to reference and quote for the next few weeks. But since I don’t have the sense of humor of 12 year old (although you wouldn’t know it given my current system for rating these movies), I give this film 4 turds out of 5. I am only giving it that rating because embarrassing as it may be to admit, there were two spots that made me chuckle out loud.
Now that I’ve watched this medical nightmare, you won’t have to.