This is my very first blogging award nomination and I am greatly appreciative of Mike at Mike’s Film Talk for sending a nomination my way. While this blog is some good ol’ casual fun for me, you should really head over to Mike’s blog and check out not only movie reviews, but an appreciation of literature as well.
Being new to this type of thing, but seeing similar rewards on other sites that I follow, I know that there are rules that are supposed to be followed. So, here are the rules to this particular award. Have fun!
Versatile Blogger Award – Rules for those who wish to participate
1. In a post on your blog, nominate 10 fellow bloggers for The Versatile Blogger Award; and link to them.
2. In the same post, add the Versatile Blogger Award.
3. In the same post, thank the blogger who nominated you in a post with a link back to their blog.
4. In the same post, share 10 completely random pieces of information about yourself.
5. In the same post, include this set of rules.
6. Inform each nominated blogger of their nomination by posting a comment on each of their blogs.
Thanks so much again to MikesFilmTalk for the nomination!
And now for my 10 nominations (In no certain order)
10. B-Movie Brigade
And now for the 10 Random Facts about me:
1. I was a trained weather spotter for two years. My friends and I chased tornadoes around the Midwest.
2. I was named runner-up as a Kansas Elementary Teacher of the Year.
3. When I was younger, I believe that I was visited by a ghost in the house I grew up in.
4. I am in the process of writing a children’s novel.
5. Over the course of one summer, I lost 50 pounds by going off of a makeshift diet of eating Reeses Fast Break bars one day and a liquid diet for two days. I did this for three whole months. I have been able to keep most of it off since then.
6. I am the founder of a large youth sports organization in my hometown, basketball being my favorite.
7. I absolutely HATE spiders! My hatred of spiders came from when I was little after watching the movie “Kingdom of the Spiders” starring Wlliam Shatner late at night. The part that scared me the most was when the spiders started coming out of the vents in the bathrooms. Our bathroom had those same type of vents.
8. I have an aversion to bare feet. They completely gross me out. Yes, I have a pair of my own, but I don’t sit and stare at them. I think my disgust comes from years of working summer camp and having kid feet climbing all over me while swimming. Blah!!!
9. For seven years, I worked with the Chicago Bears and helped run their Punt, Pass, and Kick competitions.
10. I love going to rock concerts and I like most types of music, a guilty pleasure of mine is listening to movie scores.